Venue: Committee Room, Scarborough Town Hall
Contact: James Mowbray
Election of Chairman
To elect a Chairman for this meeting.
RESOLVED that Councillor Simon Green be elected Chairman of this meeting.
Exclusion of the Public
To consider the following motion:-
"whether under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public should be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the ground(s) that it/they involve(s) the likely disclosure of exempt information (as defined in Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act). Any such decision is subject to a public interest test as provided by paragraph 10 of Schedule 12A of the Act.”
RESOLVED that the public be allowed to remain in the meeting.
Members reasons; The legal advisor explained the public nature of the hearing and confirmed that the minutes and decision would be published on the council’s website. Parties were asked if there was any application for the exclusion of the public. No such application was made.
Members are reminded of the need to consider whether they have a personal or prejudicial interest to declare in any of the items on this agenda. If so, the nature of the interest must be declared at the start or as soon as the interest becomes apparent, of the meeting. In addition, the attached form must be completed and passed to the Committee Administrator. The Officers will be pleased to advise, if necessary, and any request for assistance should be made, in the first instance, to the Committee Administrator whose name appears at the end of this agenda. Ideally, such advice should be sought before the day of the meeting so that time is available to consider any uncertainty that might arise.
There were no declarations of interest.
To consider a report by the Environment & Regulation Manager (Report No. 18/253 attached). This report seeks the determination by the Licensing Sub-Committee of an application for the grant of a premises licence where one or more relevant representations have been received.
The Licensing Sub-Committee considered a report by the Environment and Regulation Manager (report 18/253).
(i) The Sub Committee heard from the Applicant, his representatives and the Interested Party.
(ii) The Sub Committee had sight of the Entertainment Sound Survey submitted by the Applicant and copies of the representation from the Interested Party
RESOLVED: The licence be granted in accordance with the application and the following additional conditions will be added to those already volunteered by the applicant
· Doors and windows shall be kept shut during operating hours except for entry to and egress from the promises and in the case of emergency. The front door to the premises will be fitted with an automatic door closing mechanism.
· Where amplification equipment is used at the premises it shall be governed by a noise limiter set to a level agreed by the Council’s Environmental Regulation Officer
· The licensee shall ensure that people entering or leaving the premises do so in an orderly manner and do not in any way cause annoyance to residents and people passing by.
· Noise and vibrations shall not be permitted to emanate from the premises so as to cause a nuisance to neighbours.
· The placing of refuse such as glass bottles into bins outside the premises or collections vehicles where it is likely to be noisy, shall only take place between the hours of 09:00 and 19:00 hours.
· The storage for empty bottles will be located inside the rear of the premises within the single storey area of the building covered by a flat roof.
· Prominent, clear and legible notices shall be displayed at the rear of premises advising that the rear exits of the premises are not for use by customers of the premises, except in cases of emergency.
· Volunteered Condition 13 shall be amended as follows ‘Appropriate sound insulation measures shall be installed within the premises to reduce noise emanating from the premises to a level which minimises any disturbance to occupiers of adjoining premises and the licensee shall ensure that the sound insulation works are completed prior to the premises first being open to the public. The Licensee will ensure that further acoustic testing is carried out at the premises after the insulating works have been completed to ensure that the works have the effect of reducing the noise levels to a satisfactory level.
In addition the conditions outlined in the volunteered operating licence
conditions of the licensing officers report are imposed namely:
vi) A colour digital CCTV system will be operational at the premises at all times when licensable activities are being carried out and at any other times where members of the public are present on the premises.
ii) The CCTV system shall contain the correct time and date stamp information.
iii) The CCTV system will cover all areas of the premises occupied by the public under the terms of the licence.
iv) The CCTV system must be ... view the full minutes text for item 4.