Venue: Committee Room, Scarborough Town Hall, Scarborough
Contact: James Edward Mowbray
Election of Chairman
To elect a Chairman for this meeting.
RESOLVED that Councillor Roberta Swiers be elected as Chair.
Members are reminded of the need to consider whether they have a disclosable pecuniary, prejudicial or other (personal) interest to declare in any items on this agenda. Details of any interest must be declared at the start of the meeting or as soon as any interest becomes apparent during the meeting. The attached form must also be completed. Any advice required should ideally be sought before the day of the meeting.
There were no declarations of interest.
Exclusion of the Public
To consider the following motion:-
"whether under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public should be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the ground(s) that it/they involve(s) the likely disclosure of exempt information (as defined in Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act). Any such decision is subject to a public interest test as provided by paragraph 10 of Schedule 12A of the Act.”
There was no application for the exclusion of the public.
To consider a report by the Environment & Regulation Manager (Report No. 19/209).
This report seeks the determination by the Licensing Sub-Committee of an application for the grant of a of a premises licence where one or more relevant representations has been received.
The Licensing Sub-Committee considered a report by the Environment and Regulation Manager (report 19/209). The Committee had sight of Appendix A - the application and Appendix B – Representations from the Police and the Whitby Evangelical Church and a map of the premises.
RESOLVED that the Licence be granted for the following activities.
The licence will be subject to the following conditions:
1) The premises shall operate as a café/bistro and not a bar or vertical
2) A documented staff training programme shall be provided to all members of staff at the premises in respect of the:-
• retail sale of alcohol;
• age verification policy;
• conditions attached to the Premises Licence;
• permitted licensable activities;
• the licensing objectives; and
• opening times for the venue.
with such records being kept for a minimum of one year. [For the avoidance of doubt, the one year period relates to each respective entry in the log book and runs from the date of that particular entry];
3) No drinks shall be taken out of the licensed premises (or licensed area)
onto the pavement or highway.
4) Prominent, clear and legible notices shall be displayed at all exits requesting the public to respect the needs of local residents and to leave the premises and the area quietly.
5) A Refusal Register and an Incident Report Register shall be maintained at the bar within the premises. Such registers will record incidents of staff refusals to under age or drunk people as well as incidents of any anti-social behaviour and ejections from the premises. Such Registers shall be kept for a minimum of one year. [For the avoidance of doubt, the one year period relates to each respective entry in a Register and runs from the date of that particular entry in the Register].
6) There shall be no adult entertainment on the premises.
i) A colour digital CCTV system will be operational at the premises at all times when licensable activities are being carried out and at any other times where members of the public are present on the premises.
ii) The CCTV system shall contain the correct time and date stamp information.
iii) The CCTV system will cover all areas of the premises occupied by the public under the terms of the licence.
iv) The CCTV system must be capable of providing quality images of good evidential value. The CCTV system will have sufficient storage retention capacity for a minimum of 28 days continuous footage.
v) The CCTV footage will be controlled and kept in a secure environment to prevent tampering or unauthorised viewing.
vi) The data controller who is responsible for any CCTV images captured on cameras on the premises will, on the lawful request of an ... view the full minutes text for item 4.