Venue: Committee Room, Town Hall, St Nicholas Street, Scarborough, YO11 2HG
Contact: Christine Armitage, Electoral & Democratic Services Manager
Election of Chairman
To elect a Chairman for this meeting.
RESOLVED that Councillor Stewart Campbell be elected Chair of this meeting.
Members are reminded of the need to consider whether they have a disclosable pecuniary, prejudicial or other (personal) interest to declare in any items on this agenda. Details of any interest must be declared at the start of the meeting or as soon as any interest becomes apparent during the meeting. The attached form must also be completed. Any advice required should ideally be sought before the day of the meeting.
There were no declarations of interest.
Exclusion of the Public
To consider the following motion:-
"whether under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public should be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the ground(s) that it/they involve(s) the likely disclosure of exempt information (as defined in Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act). Any such decision is subject to a public interest test as provided by paragraph 10 of Schedule 12A of the Act.”
There was no application for the exclusion of the public.
To consider a report of the Environment and Regulation Manager (Reference 20/65) attached. This report seeks the determination by the Licensing Sub-Committee of an application for the grant of a premises licence where one or more relevant representations has been received.
The Licensing Sub-Committee considered a report of the Licensing and Regulation Manager (Reference 20/65). The Sub-Committee also had sight of Appendix A, the application, Appendix B and written representations.
The Applicant informed the Sub-Committee verbally that he is not allowed to have a marquee up as it is a conservation area. He therefore seeks to remove the application for a marquee. He agrees that no marquees, tents or other structures will be used in the outside garden and that a condition can be added. In addition he wishes to sell alcohol outside and take payment there but not have a bar outside. Appropriate conditions can be put in place.
The substance of the application has therefore changed greatly from that originally applied for.
In coming to its decision, the Sub-Committee has considered the application on its own merits and has also had due regard to the National Guidance issued under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003 and Scarborough Borough Councils Licensing Policy. The Sub-Committee has had due regard to the 4 licensing objectives namely:
-The prevention of crime and disorder
-Prevention of public nuisance
-The protection of children from harm
After hearing the issues today, it is the licensing objectives of…
Prevention of public nuisance.
Prevention of crime and disorder
… that are relevant and consideration has been given to these today
RESOLVED that the Licence be granted for the following activities-
The licence will be subject to the following conditions:
1. Off sales of alcohol will be in a sealed container.
2. A colour digital CCTV system will be operational at the premises at all times when licensable activities are being carried out and at any other times where members of the public are present on the premises.
3. The CCTV system shall contain the correct time and date stamp information.
4. The CCTV system will cover all areas of the premises occupied by the public under the terms of the licence.
5. The CCTV system must be capable of providing quality images of good evidential value. The CCTV system will have sufficient storage retention capacity for a minimum of 28 days continuous footage.
6. The CCTV footage will be controlled and kept in a secure environment to prevent tampering or unauthorised viewing.
7. The data controller, under the data protection act 1998, who is responsible for any CCTV images captured on cameras on the premises will, on the lawful request of an authorised officer or an officer of North Yorkshire Police, cause any required footage to be downloaded immediately, ... view the full minutes text for item 4.