Election of Chairman
To elect a Chairman for this meeting.
RESOLVED that Councillor Simon Green be elected Chair of this meeting.
Members are reminded of the need to consider whether they have a disclosable pecuniary, prejudicial or other (personal) interest to declare in any items on this agenda. Details of any interest must be declared at the start of the meeting or as soon as any interest becomes apparent during the meeting. The attached form must also be completed. Any advice required should ideally be sought before the day of the meeting.
There were no declarations of interest.
Exclusion of the Public
To consider the following motion:-
"whether under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public should be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the ground(s) that it/they involve(s) the likely disclosure of exempt information (as defined in Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act). Any such decision is subject to a public interest test as provided by paragraph 10 of Schedule 12A of the Act.”
There was no application for the exclusion of the public.
To consider a report of the Environment and Regulation Manager (Ref: 20/77) attached. This report seeks the determination by the Licensing Sub-Committee of an application for the grant of a premises licence where one or more relevant representations has been received.
The Licensing Sub-Committee considered a report of the Environment and Regulation Manager (Report reference 20/77). In addition to the report and its appendices, the Sub-Committee had the benefit of further representations and policies submitted by the applicant and the responses received from the police. The Sub Committee heard from the Applicant’s representatives and from representatives of North Yorkshire Police. Following consideration of all matters before them the Sub Committee:
RESOLVED that the licence be granted for the following activities:
All licensable activity on the 2nd floor must cease at 00.30 in the morningeach day. No alcohol is to be sold on the 2nd floor after 00.30. The 2nd floor must be closed to members of the public at 1.00AM prompt. Measures must be put in place to ensure that members of the public cannot access the 2nd floor after 1:00AM.
The licence will be subject to the following conditions:
1. No supply of alcohol shall be made under the premises licence-
a. at a time when there is no designated premises supervisor in respect of the premises licence, or
b. at a time when the designated premises supervisor does not hold a personal licence or his personal licence is suspended.
2. Every supply of alcohol under the premises licence must be made or authorised by a person who holds a personal licence.
Crime and Disorder
3. The approved proof of age scheme shall be implemented by door supervisors at the point of entry into the club.
4. There shall be dedicated staff to regularly collect and remove empty glasses from public areas.
5. Sufficient seating shall be provided to negate the need for vertical drinking.
6. Drinks shall not allowed to be taken off the premises
Age verification policy
7. The premises licence holder or club premises certificate holder shall ensure that an age verification policy is adopted in respect of the premises in relation to the sale or supply of alcohol.
8. The designated premises supervisor in relation to the premises licence shall ensure that the supply of alcohol at the premises is carried on in accordance with the age verification policy.
9. The policy shall require individuals who appear ... view the full minutes text for item 4.