Venue: Committee Room, Town Hall, Scarborough
Contact: Julia Rogers
Election of Chairman
To elect a Chairman for this meeting.
RESOLVED that Councillor Jane Mortimer be elected Chairman of this hearing.
Members are reminded of the need to consider whether they have a disclosable pecuniary, prejudicial or other (personal) interest to declare in any items on this agenda. Details of any interest must be declared at the start of the meeting or as soon as any interest becomes apparent during the meeting. The attached form must also be completed. Any advice required should ideally be sought before the day of the meeting.
There were no declarations of interest.
Exclusion of the Public
To consider the following motion:-
"whether under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public should be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the ground(s) that it/they involve(s) the likely disclosure of exempt information (as defined in Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act). Any such decision is subject to a public interest test as provided by paragraph 10 of Schedule 12A of the Act.”
There was no application for the exclusion of the public.
To consider a report by the Environment and Regulation Manager (Report no. 19/109). This report seeks the determination by the Licensing Sub-Committee of an application for the grant of a premises licence where one or more relevant representations has been received.
The Licensing Sub-Committee considered a report of the Environment and Regulation Manager (Report 19/109).
(i) representations received from Peter John Anderson, the Duke of York, the Blitz Café.
(ii) the Sub-Committee had sight of the licensing officers report, appendix A and(the application), appendix B (Representations).
In coming to its decision, the sub-committee has considered the application on its own merits and has also had due regard to the National Guidance issued under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003 and Scarborough Borough Councils Licensing Policy. The sub-committee has had due regard to the 4 licensing objectives namely:
The prevention of crime and disorder, Public Safety, Prevention of public nuisance and The protection of children from harm. After hearing the issues today, it is the licensing objectives of Prevention of crime and disorder, prevention of public nuisance and public safety that are relevant and consideration has been given to these today.
RESOLVED that the Licence be granted for the following activities
The licence will be subject to the following conditions:
1. Consumption of alcohol will only take place on the ground floor or outside seating area.
2. No alcohol to be served outside after 19:00 except in the summers months of June, July, August and September and Bank Holidays when service is allowed until 20:00 hours.
3. All drinks will be waitress served.
4. There will be no more than 3 small tables and 10 chairs permitted in the outside area.
5. The manager on duty will ensure that the tables and chairs from the outside area are removed or stacked and secured by 19:30 hours each day except in the summer months of June, July, August, September and Bank Holidays when the time of 20:30 hrs applies.
6. The outside area will not be used after the times when tables and chairs should be stacked apart from for smoking and entry and egress. No consumption of alcohol is permitted in the outside licensable area after the times when tables and chairs should have been stacked.
7. Any tables and chairs outside must be placed in the area allowed in the designated outdoor seating area as per the plan supplied. Checks must be made to ensure that tables and chairs remain inside the licensable area.
8. There will always be a minimum of 20 seats available inside to negate the need for vertical drinking.
9. A colour digital CCTV system will be operational at the premises at all times when licensable activities are being carried out and at any other times where members of the public ... view the full minutes text for item 4.